Thank You

I want to thank the sponsors and all who came out to give this, the first year for the Macky, a good show of support. I didn't have time to prepare as I would have liked, but the event still bore fruit. We have raised a little over $600 through entry fees and non-participant donations, so it has been more than worth it. I will continue to update here as things progress.

I also want to hear feedback about format, registration, date of event or anything else that could be improved or changed for next year. Leave a comment or hit the email link in the sidebar.

I have a few ideas of my own:
  1. Teams - Runner/Biker
  2. Earlier date (I think we lucked out with the weather, but if this was a non-factor in your decision to participate then I'll keep it a winter event)
  3. Distance - should it remain somewhat on the intermediate side or should I push it to be a real painfest?
  4. I liked the idea of including a kids event around the park at the same time as the race, though at this point without a lot of extra staff this might be something for the distant future.
I will be leaving the the charity account open year round to continue accepting donations which will be put toward next year's bike buy. If you wish to donate simply include a note indicating that the funds are for donation to the FreeCycle charity, make checks payable to FreeCycle and send to:
US Bank
P.O. Box 828
Ames, IA 50010
Again, thanks. And keep your eyes and ears peeled for the adventure race happening in Ames to benefit the Red Cross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home